Types of Laser Plastic Welding: 3D Wobble Welding
3D wobble welding is a special welding process for large 3D components. Using additional amplitudes in a quasi-simultaneous welding process, the laser beam is deflected in a looped shape perpendicular to the feed direction, thereby making it possible to produce different weld seam widths between 1 mm and 5 mm with particularly homogeneous temperature distribution. Local tolerances are balanced out while the machine-specific software automatically activates the wobble function and calculates uniform energy input levels, even when there are differences in height.
Welding large 3D components with a variable weld seam width, e.g., taillights in cars
- Patented, newly developed high-performance welding system
- For series production of plastic components up to 1000 mm x 750 mm in size
- The weld seam width can be infinitely adjusted from 1.5 mm to 5 mm
- Flexibility in the Z direction: height differences up to 400 mm
- Following the welding process through seam monitoring
- Very short cycle time
- Robust process
LPKF Laser Weld Series offers the widest range of laser plastic welding machines with highest technology possible. Check our collections or contact us for more info.